If you want to overcome your addiction but are struggling to stop, then seek help at a rehab center in Florida immediately. Rehab will provide you the necessary care and treatment you need to battle addiction properly, so you can achieve lasting sobriety. Knowing more about your addiction can also help in your recovery. In this article, we will discuss the difference between physical and psychological addiction and their signs and symptoms.
What’s the Difference Between Psychological and Physical Addiction?
Physical addiction means that your body has become accustomed or dependent on a particular substance. It also means that you’ve built a tolerance to this substance. So, for you to achieve that ‘high’ you once did, you’ll need a higher dose than ever before. If you decide to stop using the substance you’re physically addicted to, you may experience withdrawal symptoms like shaking, diarrhea, migraines, difficulty breathing, and more. This is why it’s not advisable to do a detox on your own. You need the help of a professional at a rehab center in Florida.
Signs and Symptoms of Physical Addiction
- Changes in sleeping patterns.
- Experience withdrawal symptoms when trying to stop.
- Needing to increase the dosage every time you use to achieve the same ‘high’ you once experienced when you used for the first time.
- Weight loss or gain.
Psychological addiction is when your cravings for a drug becomes emotional or psychological. You this overwhelming desire to use and you’ll even lie or steal to get it.
Signs and Symptoms of Physiological Addiction
- Using drugs or alcohol to relax.
- Needing to lie about your drug or alcohol use.
- Loss of interest in doing activities you once had a passion for.
- Failing grades or poor performance at work.
- Mood swings.
- Depression, anxiety, or anger.
Looking for a Rehab Center in Florida?
Enter a rehab center in Florida today to help you overcome your addiction tomorrow! At Rock Recovery Center, we are dedicated to providing treatment programs that are proven to help individuals overcome addiction. Contact us for inquiries!