Effective date: August 28, 2018
The Renew Counseling Center, LLC, a Florida limited liability company doing business as Rock Recovery Center (“Rock Recovery,” “Rock,” “The Clinic” “us,” “we,” or “our”) is serious about protecting your online privacy. Rock Recovery operates the www.rockrecoverycenter.com website (the “Service”). This Privacy Statement and page explains and informs our views, practices and policies concerning privacy, the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service, and the choices you have associated with that data. We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Health and Medical Information
Certain health and medical information about you is protected under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) and applicable state law. This information may be provided by you online or offline, or may be collected by us from other methods such as through a health care provider. We protect covered health and medical information as required by HIPAA and applicable state law. Similarly, we may use covered health and medical information as permitted by HIPAA and applicable state law.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you visit our site, browse our site, register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site. This may be personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- An alias
- Address, City, State, Province, ZIP/Postal Code
- Any personal data you post on our website or in a form
- Data about how you use our website
- Technical data such as your IP address, details about your browser, time zone settings, and possibly other data from the device you use to access our website
- Your marketing and communication preferences
- Any information you provide to us directly, whether through our website, over the phone, through an email or otherwise
- Cookies and usage data
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you fill out a form and submit it, register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To contact you with email newsletters, physical newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
- To contact you regarding your order or other products and services you may be interested in.
How do we protect visitor information?
No transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. We will, however, use a number of physical security methods (such as locks and alarm systems); electronic security methods (passwords and encryption methods); and procedural methods (rules regarding the handling and use of information) to protect the security and integrity of information submitted through this web site. Additionally, our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- We use an SSL certificate
- To further safeguard your data, if we process your credit card for a transaction, all credit card information is processed off-site by servers that use valid SSL certificates and world-class security measures.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Authenticate and identify you when you visit our website.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Personalize and store information regarding your preferences on our site.
- Keep track of advertisements, and to display advertisements that will be relevant to you (i.e. Facebook advertising, Google Adwords, Youtube, remarketing, etc.).
- As an element of security to protect site visitors, user accounts, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our website and services.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
– https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
– https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
– http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
– https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies(Internet Explorer);
– https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
– https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
If you disable cookies off, you may experience a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all of the features on our website, as some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still sign up to our email list, and/or place orders.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. The Renew Counseling Center, LLC aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have about you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where The Renew Counseling Center, LLC relied on your consent to process your personal information.Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us
- By logging in to their account
How does our site handle do not track signals?
Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. We do not support Do Not Track.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within 7 business days
- We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com, OR:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
If you would like to access, correct, amend or remove any personal information we have about you, file a complaint, or simply would like more information from us, you can contact our Privacy Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-888-322-7389, or by mail at:
The Renew Counseling Center, LLC DBA Rock Recovery Center
521 Northlake Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33410