Alcohol Poisoning

Alcohol poisoning is the result of rapid consumption of alcohol- too much, too quickly. Alcohol poisoning is a life-threatening condition and requires immediate medical attention. A person suffering from alcohol poisoning can lose consciousness, vomit (and choke of his or her vomit if unconscious), experience seizures, difficulty breathing, or suffer from hypothermia (low body temperature). Generally, when a male consumes five or more alcoholic drinks within two hours, or a female consumes four drinks within two hours (binge drinking) he or she is at risk for alcohol poisoning.
« Back to Glossary Index